- Certificate II & III in Food Processing
This course has been designed for personnel involved in the manufacture of food products and packaging. This will ensure that the employees achieve the necessary skills and underpinning knowledge required to perform their work tasks in the industry and is in compliance with current legislative training requirements.
Staff who may require multi–skilling, (i.e. QA, food safety [HACCP], logistics, receival, dispatch, production and warehouse activities). NTI will structure the course for their detailed needs. Any other training needs can be structured around your individual enterprise and the employee’s workplace requirements.
The worker will normally be engaged in a workplace in which they:
- demonstrate some relevant theoretical knowledge;
- apply a range of well-developed skills;
- apply known solutions to a variety of predictable problems;
- perform processes that require a range of well-developed skills where some discretion and judgement is required
- interpret available information using discretion and judgement;
- take responsibility for their own outputs in work and learning;
- take limited responsibility for the output of others.
Implement the Food Safety Program and Procedures
Basis for all food manufacturers. Applicable for food product processors / manufacturers including baking, meat & smallgoods, all manufactured retail products, like sauces & consumer goods. Also flour mills, canneries, contract blenders & packers, food-product distributors / suppliers, packaging manufacturers (especially food contact packaging), breweries and wineries.
SIRRFSA001 – Handle food safely in a retail environment (Release 1)
SIRRFSA002 – Supervise a food safety program (Release 1)
Suitable for supermarkets, convenience stores, grocers, delicatessens, market stall holders, fast food and take away food shops
SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety (Release 1)
SITXFSA002 – Participate in safe food handling practices (Release 1)
Suitable for restaurants, cafes, hotels, events organizers, fast food or take away food outlets
HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices (Release 1)
HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements (Release 1)
HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace (Release 1)
Suitable for hospitals, childcare centres, nursing homes, hostels and Meals on Wheels services
NTI can deliver these courses in the following methods:
- Classroom Environment: as a group or individual
- Workplace Based: on-site, in your place of employment
- Distance Learning: allowing you the comfort of completion in your own time